In the early part of last year I had treatment for cancer that totaled around $50,000 dollars. Had I not had Medicare coverage, I likely would not have had that treatment and would not be cancer free. We are friends with an older lady who is on Medicaid and has her medical expenses covered. Without Medicaid she would not have the health she enjoys in her late 80s. In both cases, the coverage is provided by Federal dollars coming into the state of Idaho. In fact, Idaho receives about $1.40 for every dollar paid to the Feds in taxes. According to the Medicaid web page about 300,000 Idahoans are on Medicaid. Medicaid expansion would add another estimated 60, 000 to the total--a relatively small addition. These are likely to be a more healthy and productive group than those currently on Medicaid. Keeping them healthy will likely result in greater productivity. With the Federal Government picking up 90 percent it sounds like a win-win. I am sure the remaining 10 percent would not amount to a great deal. Those of us who are older on Medicare or who are poor enough to be on Medicaid are not as high on the productivity scale as those likely to qualify for Medicaid expansion. We wouldn’t want to lose the medical benefits that we enjoy. Why not provide them to a group that is likely more productive, especially if they remain healthy.